Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Dance

I thought the day would never come that I could publically broadcast that I am switching teams at work.

After I had Kelly I was hired onto the Radiology NOVA team. What is that? In a nutshell: I secure authorizations for radiology procedures with the insurance companies for patients throughout the University of Utah and Huntsman Cancer hospitals, and all the U clinics. I have liked the job in general because I enjoy problem solving, team work, and I like helping people.

Because Radiology is very complex and our division has stringent policies, the turnover rate on this team is really high. I soon became the only veteran on my team, and it has stayed that way. In the last 2 years I have trained over 20 people on radiology, and very few people are here today. I was also put in charge of many other duties that no other team member had to do. I would also keep my team a float, as I was training newbies, while answering urgent e-mails/calls from various departments, while trying to meet productivity and helping current team members. It is a compliment that they depended on me to do so much and I don’t mind a good challenge, but over time, enough is enough.

Lucky for me my old manager became the new manager of the inpatient team. I have been trapped as the rock on radiology, so this was my time to break free. Things slowly fell into place. I put in my request to switch from outpatient to inpatient, and my old manager said others were interested as well, but I am the only one he wanted because he knows me and my work ethic. Hallelujah!

I start training on inpatient in a few weeks, and permanently move to inpatient in May. Because I have extensive comprehension of our systems and flows at work, I won’t need to train very long. I am so glad to have a stable team, amazing bosses, and to just do what my job description is.

Happy dance!!


0 comments: