I was thinking this morning that I am about to be 29. This is my last year in my twenties. I was reminiscing about the last ten years of my life and I have come a LONG way. I have learned many things, and am still continuing to work on some things - that will be never ending. I have experienced many sorrows, pain, joys, and just utter happiness. I experienced my prime time, achieved being independent,
corrected wrongs have done, married my best friend, and finally had my dream
come true of being a mother.
These are more things that I have learned and some I continue to work on.
Sometimes, it’s not the person you miss. It’s the feeling
you had when you were with them.
Anyone can have a child and call themselves “a parent”. A
real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and
wants and only wants whats best for that child.
It is easy to be disconnected from God. It is an ongoing fight
to keep the spirit daily ,but the hard work to keep God and faith
close, is beyond worth it. Pray hardest when it is hardest to pray. God
can be your best friend that knows you better than you know yourself and
someone who listens and understands.
Holding onto anger/pain is like drinking poison and expecting
the other person to die.
Speak up when something is bothering you.
A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t go anywhere
until you change it.
Defiantly pick your battles! And it’s okay if things are not
done your way. Just let it go.
The happiest people do not have the best of everything. They
make the best of everything they have. It’s all about how you live your life.
I was told once: Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like
a man, and work like boss. Amen!
Some lessons can’t be taught. They merely have to be
learned.
Be okay with where and who you are, even if you know you
want to change.
Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can be
only forgiven, not forgotten. Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish
much.
Don’t stumble over something behind you
Don’t try to understand everything, because sometimes it is
not meant to be understood, but to be accepted. In saying that, don’t think too
much. You’ll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.
Crying isn't a sign of weakness. It’s a sign of having tried
too hard to be strong for too long.
Class is knowing what to say, when to say it, and when to
stop.
What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of
how it’s supposed to be.
Don’t do something permanently stupid just because you’re temporarily
upset.
Never look down on someone unless you’re helping them up. Be
curious, not judgmental.
We need our trials to learn and grow
My best friend sent me this, and I couldn't agree more - There comes a point in your life when you
realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So,
don't worry about people from your past, there’s a reason why they didn't make
it to your future.
I am looking forward to finishing up this last year in my 20's. The 30's will be a brand new start, and I feel I can achieve a lot with what I have learned as a young adult in my 20's.

1 comments:
Yay to being 29! Happy almost Birthday!
Post a Comment