Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear Kelly

I cannot believe how much time flies when you have a baby. Our little Kelly will be 11 months old this Sunday – and I cannot grasp how much time has gone by. I always look back and think of Kelly from the day he was born up until now, and he has developed and changed so much.


I remember seeing him for the first time and thinking that that lovable tiny wrinkly baby was mine eternally. From day one, he was very smart, and had the most entertaining personality. I miss how I used to be able to hold and snuggle him for hours on end. And how I would lay him on the bed next to me, and just watch him look around and adapt to his new life on the outside.

As a parent you cherish all the little mile stones your baby achieves and you think to yourself, ‘I love this little baby so much. How did I get so blessed to have this sweet baby be all mine?’ – You just know that you will remember every moment for as long as you live.

Before you know it, your baby is growing and learning day by day. In a blink of the eye, your baby is a whole new baby. They are sitting up on their own, you no longer have to hold their bottle as they eat, they taste and chew new foods, they are getting into EVERYTHING that they crawl to, and their toys that were once very fascinating – are quite boring. One day you will be talking to them and you can SEE that they understand what you are saying to them. You no longer do anything alone, as you have a curious baby right at your feet at all times, trying to see what you are up to, and want to be a part of what you are working on.

You try to think back about what life was like without this little angel, and you can’t imagine how you lived without them. Even though they demand every fiber of your being at all times, you secretly don’t care, and love that they want you, and want to spend so much time with you.

As parents your life revolves around your little one. Everything you do, you do in the best interest of the baby. Work schedules, family outings, bed times, budgeting, etc… But you would not have it any other way.

We love our little Kelly so much. I don’t know what we did to be blessed with this amazing boy, but I am so glad that he is ours. We love you, Boogy.

Kelly a few minutes old

1 day old

1 day old

1 week old

2 months old

3 months old

5 months old

6 months old


7 months old

8 months old

9 months old

10 months old

10 months old

almost 11 months old

1 comments:

Jami West said...

He is such a doll Erin!! And you are an amazing and cute mommy!!