Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First part of October

Oh my goodness, I have so much to post, I don't even know where to begin. That is what happens when you let life get away with you. May I just being by saying I LOVE the fall season? I am obsessed! I love the warm smells (you bet I stalked up on my Scentsy!), the crisp air, the oranges,yellows, dark reds, and browns, and of course the holidays. I am one happy gal in the fall!

To celebrate the fall fun, we went to a pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins to carve later in the month.

 Adorable.

Of course Shayner picked out one of the BIGGEST ones

I love this truck - isn't it the best fall setting? The hay, corn, pumpkins - LOVE IT

I thought it was creative how all the aisles had street names

Our family. We took a few, but this one is the only one that turned out.

He really was excited about his pumpkin. Smiles happen SO quickly it's hard to capture

All our pumpkins


Since it is October, we decided it was time to decorate our front porch. Make it all sorts of spooky fun!
This is our skeleton ghostly... guy. He lights up at night.

Love the bloody hand prints? We are kinda gory aren't we?

I love the spider webs, with the spiders, the chain, and the black rose

See the rats climbin on the wall?


I finally decided to take Kelly to get his hair cut for the first time by a professional.  Kelly thought it was awesome until they put the cape around his neck. Freaked him out.
This was his hair before I took him in

Poor Boogy boy. He loved the truck and was so happy. Then the cape went on. Then he wasn't so happy.

Needless to say he survived. He was a happy little butter ball the second I picked him up out of the chair. My fears of me being a terrible mommy flew out the door when he smiled at me when we were done.

Want to see something precious? Shayne bought Kelly his first pair of shoes. He figured since Kelly is starting to pull himself up on furniture, it was time to break out the shoes.

He wasn't quite sure what to think. "What are these 'heavy' things on my feet?' Little cutie.

We also decided to try on his Halloween costume. We had to make sure it fit! Don't judge me.
Don't you love it?

He didn't like that he couldn't get around as easily


PHEW! There you go. This month has a full agenda, so I will have more coming up. Kelly's 1 year pictures, the big UNO, a party, and Halloween. Ready set go! Did I mention I love this season?



2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

So fun!! I love this time of year too, it's my favorite! Your porch looks so cute and Kelly's costume is adorable!!

Nicole said...

Erin, your comment on my blog made me smile from ear to ear. You are so sweet, and your family is cuter than ever. October is the best huh? My favorite time of year, and you little guy is lucky enough to be born during it! His costume is super cute!