Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thriller and 38 week update

It has been an eventful week! Between dinner with friends, our baby appointment, Shayne’s brother Bryant flying in, and a fun date night, we have been quite the busy bees this week.
38 weeks Pictures, Images and Photos
week 38 Pictures, Images and Photos
We are almost 38 weeks now. Dr. Park said if I don’t have him by October 24th, and I am dilated to at least a 2, he would induce me. Can I get one BIG, HOORAH!
Everything looks good though. Blood pressure is standard, baby’s heartbeat is excellent, and my labs are fine. I did test positive for strep, which just means I have to have an antibiotic when I go into labor. No huge whoop there.
The only thing we are waiting on is this little guy to come out! I have been having contractions every 5 minutes for almost a week straight now. Some are more forceful then others. I do have spiky, painful, needle-like pain in the cervix area, and that intensifies when I toddle, do stairs, stand too long, do chores, or haul anything. So hopefully we will see some achievement soon. Hopefully.

We saw Odyssey Dance Theatres, Thriller last night at Kingsbury Hall. It is an entertaining show. It is a ritual of ours to see it every year. It is a fun Halloween show that I think everyone needs to see at least once. If you haven’t seen it, GO SEE IT! You will be delighted that you did.

2 comments:

Missy Mauch said...

I think the sharp pain you are feeling is Kelly's head dropping. Since your cervix is so thin, he's probably getting into his birthing position. That's the pain I always feel when the head is dropping.

Kimmie said...

I've been wondering about Thriller. I've wanted to see it, but not sure if Davey would go with. I hope Baby Kelly comes soon!! Sounds like he's definitely preparing for his big entrance!!