Friday, October 22, 2010

In the home stretch!

39 Pictures, Images and Photos

We are in the home stretch! 39 weeks in 2 days, and only 3 more days, and we will have our little man here!
Let me update you on the latest.

So on Sunday the 17th we went into the OB ER because I hadn’t felt the baby move in 24 hours. He is in good health. Phew! But we went from no dilation at all and 70% effaced to a 2+ dilated and 80% effaced in a week. AWESOME! Well on Monday I lost the mucous plug (t.m.i?), and on Wednesday we were dilated to a 3+ and 90% effaced. So that was super fantastic! My tummy is measuring at 40 weeks on the outside, and baby is getting big (as he should).

Doctor is going to induce us Monday! So this is good news. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I get so restless. Every episode of contractions I have I start to time them in anticipation. But, they always fade off. BIG sigh. I know Monday is not that far away, but when you are at wits end, extraordinarily swollen, in pain, have a stress fracture, cant walk, cant sleep, have a cold, and your clothes don’t fit, Monday feels evermore away. Ha!

We are thrilled! He is almost here!!! Can you believe it? Our little Kelly Dalton will be out in the world…. I get chills thinking about it.

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Yay! That is so exciting. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures.

Elissa said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy! Good luck!!!