
I just feel the need to post today. I don’t really have any updates, but I want to just jot down what is on my mind.
Today I feel very fortunate. Lately I have been thinking about my life, and how much it has changed, and how it continues to revolutionize. It is very easy to pin point all the things that don’t go the way you want them to go. But stepping back and looking at your life from then to now, you can truly see that life is not as “dreadful” as you believe it is at the time. "But it shall pass and no doubt sooner than it should".
I need to boost myself a lot that life is good. Not that anything is appalling in my life, I just have days where I feel nothing is going right. That is when I need to slap myself and think more on the encouraging side.
Years ago, I hit rock bottom in my life. And at that time I “knew” I would never meet a wonderful man, go on fun dates, fall in love, then one day have him get down on one knee and tell me he loves me and wants nothing more then for me to be his wife. We would then get married in the temple for time and all eternity, be so in love, and then a few years start a family. What is unusual is at that time, I was not active in the church anymore, and I had made some really pitiable choices that led to the nightmare I was in. How could I even begin to fix my life?
I got a miracle. The good Man upstairs gave me a 2nd chance to do what I dreamed of doing. I was rescued by my Dad and some good friends, and was brought back home. My life was transformed. With hard work and dedication, I got back to church (thanks to the ward missionaries), repented, and changed my life.
A few years later, I met my Shayne. He was total opposite of what I regularly dated, and the BEST I ever dated. He was/is everything I wanted. It took a lot of horrific roads and relationships for me to apprehend and appreciate how exceptional Shayne was. Needless to say, I got my happily ever after with him. I have everything I wanted, and it happened exactly how I dreamed of it.
No we do not have money, or have all the material things we want… but what we have is so much more valuable. You cannot replace what we have, and the life we have shared together. Shayne is amazing. I could not ask for a better husband and or friend. I could name over a hundred things that Shayne does that I love. I just sit and look at him some days, and my heart is overwelmed of how much I love him, and how much I love ABOUT him. No he is not perfect, but he does the best he can daily.
Now our life is about to change again with our son on the way. I am one lucky gal to not only be married to Shayner, but to start family with him as well. We can't wait to meet our son in the fall. 
I don’t know what I did in the preexistance to have all these blessings… but I am delighted I did it! I don’t know how Shayne handles me day to day, but I am SO grateful he does.
I know situations in our life have not happened the way we have hoped they would. But the things that have happened are for the better; even if we don’t understand it at this point in time. All I know is that I am relieved I have my husband by my side because he is the ONLY person I WANT by my side. I am glad that I am not alone in this life, and that HE chose ME.
So, when you feel down… step back and look at your life from then to now. You will see that life progresses, and you are blessed more then you can imagine. From immense blessings to the petite blessings. I know I am. 
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Then to Now. I love you, Shayner
Posted by The Hiatt's at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this post! You and I had very much the same "from then to now". I partied and did everything I should not have done and hit rock bottom. In some weird twist met Josh. Thanks for sharing :)
I love this post! Thanks for reminding me to look for all the good that I have in my life.
Post a Comment