![]()
Today I had to do the Glucose test. Man, that Glucose drink is extreme! So much sugar. I had the fruit punch one. The first few guzzles were alright. But by the end, you just gulp it down and then flinch. Its fun though because its makin’ our little man leap off the walls!
Update on the pregnancy:
1. We are at 27 weeks. I cant believe we will be in our 3rd trimester next week. Tremendous! It is finally moving a little faster.
2. He is definatly a morning baby- He moves the most at the crack of dawn. He isnt active all day. But I feel him in the morning (he punches the mattress when I rest on my side), and when I gobble sugar he starts wiggling around. He is definatly his daddy’s son!
3. People ask me if I am having twins all the time. Yikes! I am definatly getting gigantic. Its fun, but daunting at the same time. We still have 2 ½ to 3 months left. I think I will be a pregnant belly with arms and legs sticking out. Shayne will have to roll me everywhere. ;) I have come to the conclusion that I really don’t want to pay attention to what people think. A pregnant woman already feels enormous.. we don’t need people reminding us just HOW huge we appear to be.
4. My pregnancy book says I will have a hearty desire for food… ha! Hearty would be NORMAL. My desire for food is impressive! I can out eat Shayne now! All I want to do is eat. My stomach is bottom less. And that bottom less pit wants desserts (you name it, I want it!), pizza, pastas, steaks, candy, mexican food,french fries… oh boy! The last thing my body wants is healthy greens and proteins. The stuff it SHOULD be craving. No wonder he is a big baby! Oh help.
5. He has discovered that my tail bone is fun to launch off of, and that he has more room under my ribs, in my lungs. I think he sits like a starfish in there most of the time. I can feel him everywhere. His Daddy sleeps like a starfish, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that is how he rolls these days.
6. He won’t move for Shayne. He will be freaking out, and I grab Shayne’s hand and put it on my tummy so he can feel, and BAM! He freezes. When Shayne removes his hand, he starts wiggling around again. What the fuzz little man?
7. Next visit, I am not going to look at the scale. Seeing my weight gain stresses me out. My friend made his wife stop looking at the scale after while… brilliance! I will do that too. No woman needs to see those numbers.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Glucose drink fun
Posted by The Hiatt's at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys!! Don't look at the scale, just enjoy your pregnancy while you're still pregnant! That's what I say! And just remember some people don't have a filter...even if they "think" you look like you're having twins, they should NEVER say it! I'm sure you're adorable!!
I didn't know that we are only 3 weeks apart! That is so crazy! I had the orange glucose. The ones I had for the girls wasn't bad at all, I actually loved it! But, they must've changed because now it's nasty! I just bought me a new watermelon! I will just DIE when those leave!
Ha you are almost there! Don't look at the scale if it causes you to stress... me I HAD to look at the scale, but I loved it because it kept my weight under wraps ;) But everyone is different. I only gained 21 lbs and still felt enormous! So yes, we do not need everyone reminding us how big we are when we are pregnant.
Fun. Fun.
I think I anticipated the glucose to be a lot worse because of all the stories, but I didn't think it was too bad.
Amen to not wanting to hear that we're huge. We know, we know. Please don't remind. ;)
Post a Comment