The surgery is all over. It happened Thursday. All I can say is that it is the most distgusting, uncomfortable surgery ever! I was awake for the whole thing, and I watched it all. I even got to smell my eye burning from the lazer.
The numbing drops feel like hair spray. After the stining stops, they bring you back, lay you down, drop more numbing drops in, clean your eye ball, then go to work. They take a tool and push down your eye ball, and cut off a little flap of skin over your eye ball and then scrap it off with a tool that looks like a gardening hoe. After that they spray it off. Then the lazer does it's thing for 30 seconds. then they wash your eye off, with what feels like a garden hose on full blast! Just a waterfall!! Water going down your cheeks, and all over the place! They did that to the right eye, and then the left. Then I was done! I sat up, and I could see already!! It was so awesome. Then they taped up my eyes, put on the attractive shades, grabbed the pain killers and off we went!
The first day was awful. I couldnt open my eyes longer than 5 minutes without being in pain. The second day was better, but the pain was still there. It felt like I had an eye lash on my eye balls at all times.
Today I get my protective contact lenses off, and the flap is strating to grow back. Needless to say, I will be golden in a week!!!
Before surgery
My eyes did not approve of the burning numbing drops
My lovely eye shields I came home in
This is the day after surgery. My poor eyes.
Monday, August 10, 2009
PRK Surgery Detail with pictures
Posted by The Hiatt's at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry you had to go through that. My mom did that. Flew on a plane to Canada, did the surgery. When she arrived home, she was wearing those glasses and we all thought she was blind!!! I was only 12 when she did this, so it terrified me!!!
OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! You are a brave woman!
Wow woman! I don't think I could ever do that! Scares me to death! Hope you are doing okay:)
So glad that you were able to have this opportunity, I'm sorry it hurt in the process.
Post a Comment