I have to tell you about a cool experience. It has been over welming, and I want to share it.
Shayne and I fasted and prayed on Sunday to get some answers on what we should do in the sense that we want to move forward with our lives, and start a family, but we need the means to do so. This whole entire year has been nothing but a struggle. Yesterday I got our answer. we have been tested. When we do get extra money, we spend it. We have not been saving. We get "starved" to spend money and to go out, that when we get it, that is what we do, we spend. Well.... our answer to the problem is... Why would Heavenly Father give us more money if we don't manage our money well now? we need to be more smart. So Shayne and I decided to be smarter with our money. Here is the funny thing.... I have $200 left after bills. This has not happened in MONTHS. Yup, you bet that $100 is going into savings!!!! I will not fail this test!!!
It is just crazy what the man upstairs does. This experience has humbled me. Feeling the spirit as strongly as I do, and to have my eyes opened... yes I know the solution was simple, but we did not see it. But to bring on a new challenge, and to follow what Heavenly Father is trying to help us with is amazing. He listened to us. He answered our prayer. He knows what we are going through and He was there when we asked. There is no experience more rewaring than that! I wish I could let everyone feel what I feel! It is remarkable.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
testimony builder
Posted by The Hiatt's at 7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, honey! I have to tell you how proud I am of you! I think that you two are really doing well to keep the Lord in charge! Good work, lady!
That is awesome! You're not alone...ever. Keep it up!
good job guys! might i recommend Dave Ramsey's book, Total Money Makeover? He uses a lot of the techniques the church encourages. It's the best book we've read!
That is so awesome! Good job.
I second the recommendation for Dave Ramsey's book. Tons of GREAT information, and it's easy/entertaining to read, too.
I can loan you my copy if you want - just email me and I'll send it to you.
You are such a good example to everyone Erin. I really love this post. It's hard to save money, especially right now. But I love that you and Shayne pray and fast to find the right answer.
Post a Comment