Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yummy!



One of my most dearly loved holidays is coming up next week and I was thinking about some pleasant treats to make for the fun celebration! It is going to be HOT so fresh, cool treats will be delightful! Here are a few ideas that I had seen or have made that are trouble-free (and I am sure some of you have prepared or heard of them before). I also ran across some fun decorating for cakes or treats that I threw on here to give some of you imaginative ladies some thoughts…






Fruit Dip

1 jar marshmallow Fluff
strawberries, blueberries, red apples, or any fruit that you feel is best
1 small tub low-fat cream cheese (the men wont even know the difference)

Mix fluff and cream cheese together in a bowl till smooth and creamy. Serve with fresh fruit
Serves how many: 10
Takes how long to make: 5 minutes
Comments:
I like to use low fat strawberry cream cheese and serve with bananas. Kids beg for more.



Patriotic Petit Fours
Ingredients
12 1-inch cubes of seedless watermelon
1 cup cream cheese frosting
12 red and/or blue candied almonds
Red, white and blue star-shaped sprinkles

Directions
1. Arrange the watermelon cubes on a serving platter.
2. Place the frosting in a Ziploc bag and trim off a bit of one bottom corner. Decoratively pipe the frosting onto each watermelon cube. Place an almond at the top of the frosting on each petit four.
3. Decorate with sprinkles and serve on red, white and blue table decor.







Watermelon Water

Ingredients
4 cups fresh watermelon chunks, seedless or seeds removed
6 cups water
2 fresh limes

Directions
1. Put the fresh watermelon into a blender and add the water. The water should cover the watermelon. Add more water if necessary.
2. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour into a pitcher and skim off the foam, if desired.
3. Cut the limes in half and squeeze into the pitcher. Serve cold over ice



3 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

It all looks SO yummy AND festive! I love it! I make that flag cake (with the strawberries and blueberries) every year! :) I love the Fourth of July!

Jami West said...

Holy COW!!! Talk about making my mouth water!! That food looks too good to be true :)

us said...

Yummm.. this makes me hungry! Cant wait till the 4th! You guys doing anything special??