Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I quit my job today!



I literally thought that hell would freeze over before I quit my job! You should all be proud of me… I put in my 2 weeks today. It was one of the hardest things I have done. I have been here for 3 years. I have developed and learned so much in that time.

I had been gaining enough guts to go talk to my boss all morning. When he came up to the front I asked if I could speak to him in private. We walked into his office and I was trembling so badly! He asked me to sit down before I fell down. To make a long story short, I told him I am putting in my 2 weeks, and he sat back in his chair, let out a sigh, and asked me if I was serious. After I explained my new job opportunity he smiled and agreed that it was a great opportunity. He then told me everything that would have been nice to hear over the years. He said that I will be impossible to replace, that he could not ask for a better employee, and that I am the glue here in the cabinet division. He told me that I am like a daughter to him; that he has seen me grow and change so much over the years and he is mighty proud of me. By this time I am just balling! He told me he was going to miss me terribly and to keep in touch, and I am welcome back anytime.

Now let me tell you about this tremendous job offer! I got offered a job at the University Hospital. I will be working in Clinic 6 which is a pediatrician and OB office. The benefits, and retirement plan are AMAZING, and I will make pretty much the same wage that I am here at Midwest. I will save on gas because I can ride trax to and from work everyday. I will still work 8 hours mon-fri, paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, and personal time. There will be room to grow there so I am stoked. So in 2 weeks I will be working for the University of Utah! Wha hoo!!!

My heart feels broken because I will miss everyone here so much! But I am excited for a new challenge.

6 comments:

Sara said...

That is great Erin! I am happy for you. Putting in your two weeks sounds like it went really well.

Nichole said...

Yay that is so exciting!! I was at Missionary Emporium for 5 years and it was SO HARD to leave...I know how you feel! It's like a fresh start and I'm sure you'll LOVE it!!

Mary-Anne said...

Erin...that's GREAT!! Seriously...congrats on QUITTING and on your NEW JOB!! It sounds like you have been ready for something different for awhile now, so I think this will be a really good thing! Good luck!

us said...

That is so cool! Congrats!~ Its crazy how all things happen for a reason.. and it seems like you were ready for a change.. Yay! thats awesome, cant wait to hear how the new job goes.

Allisha said...

What are they going to do without you?!! Wow! That's crazy. I am so excited for you though. You'll have to keep us informed on your new job. Congrats!

Nicole Marsh said...

Hey Erin,
You are going to love clinic 6 and the U. I use to work in clinic 3 and the Cardiovascular center, it is such a great place to work. And the benefits are awesome! Congratulations!