
Yup, you guessed it! Shayne and I both accepted church callings. Shayne was pleased because he was so petrified that they were going to ask us to talk in sacrament. Nope! We got 2 callings that we are actually excited about!
Shayne got his calling first. Shayne will be schooling and preparing the 15 year old boys to become young men. Shayne likes this calling because he was a primary teacher before, and he had worked with little boys, and he loves it. So he was satisfied with what he got.
I was next! I was called to serve as a Laurel Advisor. It caught me off guard. I thought they were going to put me in primary again. I had worked with 17-18 year old girls before, so this should be entertaining!
We are very blessed. The man who came over and gave us our callings, assured us that they all prayed about it, and they all got the feeling that Shayne and I needed to serve in these classes.
We get sustained on Sunday then off to work we go!


3 comments:
You are so cute Erin! I'm so glad you and Shayne are happy with your callings. That's exciting. I think being a Laurel Advisor would be so much fun. I can see you being so much fun with those girls but at the same time a great person for them to look up to.
Very exciting! :) I work in YW in my ward, and I really like it. I think the Laurels would be especially a fun age. How fun!
you've Been bag tagged! Go to my blog and you'll see what to do, Have fun!
Post a Comment