Monday, January 13, 2014

Shower

I am so excited that we are 37 weeks this week. Can someone fast forward time? This Mama is beyond ready to meet this little girl and to feel somewhat ordinary again. Dr. Reynolds said he is shooting to take her when we are 39 weeks. 2 more weeks - woooooooooooooooot! 

Thursday morning I woke up around 3:00 am and I was so dizzy I couldn’t even move. I had this ridiculous headache mixed with white clouds in my vision, body weakness, nausea, and  I was shaking. Scary! Shayne is such a great man. He got Kelly and I ready (Yep – literally me too. He had to help me get up, walk, get dressed – the whole caboodle. What a CHAMP) and put us both in the car and we zoomed to the doctor. It was determined that I was severely dehydrated. I drink loads of water a day but it’s not enough at this point to stay balanced. I got 2 bags of fluids, Zofran and Tylenol 3 pumped into me. After I left the hospital I had to drink 2 more liters of water and some caffeine (as directed). I still get intense waves of all those symptoms but I am doing my best to just chug as much as I can.

Between the gall bladder pain, insomnia, nerve agony, thyroid matters, heartburn, indigestion, not being able to bend over at all,  dehydration, nausea, headaches, being uncomfortable, ligament pain, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, shaking and body heat – let’s just say eviction day is on a countdown now. How do women do this pregnancy thing multiple times? I envy all you brave awesome women. Rant over.

I had my baby shower on Saturday. We got quite the load of goodies for baby Skylar. Most everyone remembered that I mentioned once or twice that I hate pink. We only got a few pink items. Did I mention I am not a fan of pink? Ever? Ha ha! I think my daughter will dress better than any of us. She will be a fashionable little girl. Thank you everyone who came to support us. We appreciate you all!


I wish I got more pictures at my shower because some people I haven’t seen in years came to support us. I wish I had more time to visit with them individually.  I got a picture of my sisters and I with our birth Mom, and one of this wild blanket that my aunts made us. I need to take pictures of the other handmade quilts we got. Actually, I just need to be better at taking more pictures in general. Life moves so rapidly so pictures are a must to remember different stages along the journey. C’mon Erin! 

Lindsey, Camille, my Mom Wendy and I. Guess what? I am very pregnant. So is my body. Lol

Love the mink in this. It's so soft. This will be a great floor playing blanket. 

1 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Oh, gosh...I'm so sorry! Being pregnant is miserable...and your post made me so glad that I'm not pregnant! Ha ha! But soon it will be over and you will have a beautiful baby girl in your arms. And you might just learn to like pink once you see how adorable your little girl looks in it! There are lots of different shades of pink too, you know. :) I love pink! It's probably my favorite color! It's so happy! And so cute on babies. :) You'll see!