Changes just keep rolling in. I got a new
job and boy did it happen quickly. I applied for it back in August. I interviewed
with the director and the supervisor and felt it went awesome but I didn’t get
the position at that time.
On Monday I got an IM at work from the
supervisor asking me if I had seen that they had another opening and that I
should apply because he wanted to hire me the first time I interviewed. I told
him that I am interested and I applied. Right after I submitted my official
resume and application I interviewed literally 30 minutes later.
Next I had a peer to peer interview on
Friday. It was a good interview and it made me more interested in the job. I
like to hear from the actual employees what their daily tasks are & what
they overcome.
Not even 2 minutes after I got back to my
desk from the interview the Manager IM’d me and told me to come to his office.
I went down there and he said the women in the peer interview loved me and felt
I was well fit for the position. He also said the director remembered me and
approved my wage right away – and I guess the director doesn’t remember too
many people so that was flattering to hear. Needless to say I accepted the position
and I start 12/30/2013.
I have been in my current department for
almost 3 years. I have grown so much here and it has been an excellent stepping
stone in my life. I will miss a lot of people here as
they have been my work family for such a long time. I am nervous to start a new
chapter but at the same time I look forward to the transformation. I can’t
express how privileged I feel that the director, manager and supervisor all
wanted me and came to me for this new position. This was just another confirmation
that things happen for a reason and materialize when the time is right.

0 comments:
Post a Comment