Friday, December 13, 2013

32 Weeks

The ultrasound was amusing yesterday. It is remarkable how rapidly the baby changes. I thought she looked like Kelly at first but yesterday she was complete opposite. Of course ultrasound pictures are hard to tell exactly but here are the differences we noticed:

Kelly had LOTS of hair. We could see his hair swaying around in the amniotic fluid.  This little girl has NO hair that we could see. At all. Instead of hair swaying we saw her  long eye lashes.

She has CHUBBY cheeks. Well at least they look extremely chubby from the few angles we saw them in. My little sister Camille was my Mom’s cutest baby and she had fabulously round squeezable cheeks. Not the kind that make you say  ‘Holy hell! Yikes!’ but the ‘Awww… I want to nibble them’ cheeks.

Kelly had/has the Hiatt forehead with the widows peak. This baby is lucky and does not have the Hiatt forehead. I think she will have Shayne’s chin though.

She was putting on a good show as usual. She put her hands on her cheeks and puckered her pouty lips at us as she opened and closed her eyes. She did the charming sucking motion as well. She was wiggling so much it took the ultrasound tech a little bit to get all the measurements she needed.

So our little girl is bald, with long lashes, plump cheeks, pouty lips and acts like a diva. She is weighing in around 3 lbs and the tech said she is measuring a little small.


Good news! The placenta did move up a little and is more in the safer zone. Yippee ki-yay! From the sounds of it I might not need a C-section after all. Now it all depends on the gall bladder and it’s behavior toward the end.  

Our little Skylar

You can see her little hand and fingers on the left. Look at her cheek! Her nose looks bizarre in this picture. This picture is actually weird all in all but I had to show off her cheek. Maybe it's just the angle and her cheeks won't be THAT big. We will see! Eviction day is getting closer my friends. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! That's so exciting and great news! Can't wait to see her in "real life"..well, in pictures I suppose. :)