Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Advice or suggestions?

Kelly will NOT SLEEP. The first night we put up his bed, he loved it and slept all night in his room. Now? Not even close. He won’t even fall asleep in his bed at night. He loves to lay in it during the day for naps and just to play on, but at night he will not sleep unless he is in my bed with Shayne or I in the room with him. Bad habit! I have tried to move him to his bed in the middle of the night, and he wakes up within 5 minutes and freaks out. I would let him cry it out but it keeps me awake and I have to go to work super early, AND I am afraid our neighbors will hear him. I don’t know what to do. I also tried keeping a favorite movie on for him, I have tried without a movie, I tried putting all his familiar blankets on the bed with him, white noise (fan) , all his favorite stuffed animals, etc.. And lately he has been waking up at 5:00 am as well. I want to try potty training again, but I can’t until we get this new adjustment secure. Kelly does not do well with change. Help?? I think I will just put him to bed earlier and let him cry until he falls asleep. He is very stubborn and will cry for litereally hours. And ear plugs don't suffice.  

Still love the stinker though! 

On a different note, our little girl now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long (about the size of a carrot). I feel like she's practicing martial arts since her initial fluttering movements have turned into full-fledged kicks and nudges. I haven’t discovered a pattern to her activity yet, but I am sure I will in time. We have another ultrasound next week to get more measurements. 



Another update? Shayne finally found a car lot. Yay! It will be in West Jordan  - 9325 Redwood Road. This is a HUGE blessing and we are super excited. 

3 comments:

Sara said...

SO...sleep training sucks :( We moved Alli into a bed a couple months ago. We do a process that is so not fun but now she goes to sleep and sleeps through the night. We start by rocking her to sleep and then placing her in bed (everytime she wakes up). The a couple nights later we lay to the side of the bed until she goes to sleep like that. Once she got that down we sat by the door, then in the door way, then just outside the door with the door open and finally we closed the door. It took WEEKS and can be so exhausting. It is so hard to train them and so not fun. Good luck! Not sleeping is so awful.

The Hiatt's said...

Thanks Sara! I will try it. It is so hard, especially when you have to be awake at 4:00 am. Thanks for the advice!

Sara said...

On the plus side I don't know any older kids who won't sleep in their own bed. He will get it, try not to stress about it too much. Hang in there :)