Today was Kelly's first day attending nursery. Why now? I think most parents can relate to this. When we had 9:00 AM church 2 years ago, that was perfect. We got all 2.5 hours of church in before nap time. Theeeen last year it went to 11:00, which was the most perfect time for church my entire life. Ya know, I could sleep in a little and then take my time getting ready before church. HA! Those were the days. Kelly's nap time started at 11:00, which means we got 15 minutes of sacrament in before Kelly was horrific tired, and we had to bail for his sanity, and our own. This year? Yeah, the older he gets the later nap time is. Nap time is now 1:00. Church starts at 1:00. So needless to say it has been a battle the last 2 years to attend more than 15 minutes of church, unless we tag team on who is home with Kelly.
Needless to say, we got lucky today. Kelly went to nursery for the first time. At first he was nervous - probably because 2 kids were screaming their little hearts out. I would be nervous too if my parents tried to dump me off in a room full of strangers with 2 kids my age screaming for dear life. Hello. But being the trooper Kelly is, he stayed and didn't shed a tear. In fact, when I picked him up I was told what a good boy he is, and how he shared toys, colored, shared his snack, and tried to comfort the screaming kiddos. That made my heart happy.
Sunday, April 14, 2013
1st day in nursery..& other randoms
New Suite for Church
His first coloring page in nursery
The next pictures are just random. One - Kelly was eating pudding and getting it everywhere and it cracked me up. The second is my attempt to be creative. I made S'More Bites for my friend's bridal shower. If you know me, I DON'T bake. So this is like, top level, for me.
Love my feet in this picture? ha ha
And lastly - I love eye lashes. Mine never ever look presentable so on certain occasions I glue on my Mac lashes. I wanted to show you how pretty they were. So here you have it. My lashes.
Posted by The Hiatt's at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
he looks so cute in his little suit and you look hot with those lashes!!!
Oh, I hear ya about church being hard!! I feel like I'm a little inactive...but I think all parents of young kids feel like that. Kelly's new suit is adorable! I'm already nervous for Jacob to go to nursery, and he still has 2 months before he goes. It sounds like Kelly did amazing! How fun.
Post a Comment