Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Remember us? Oh good.


Are you ready to be proud of this non-crafty mama? I decided to do something different for Shayner’s Father’s Day present. What you ask? I made something! Yep, you read that right. I MADE something.

My cousin introduced me to The Wood Connection – which if you haven’t been there.. GO! It’s a fun place that allows people to expand their creative minds, and make gifts, or decorate their homes with cute things (did I really just say that? I have crossed over).

Anywho, I bought the wood, painted it, did the decal, the glitter, slapped Kelly’s hand prints on the wood, the pictures, the entire kit and caboodle. Of course the day we took the pictures, Kelly was a grump and would not smile or even LOOK at the camera for that matter. Sigh. Just sit and smile for 2 seconds dang it! How hard can it be? I guess exceptionally difficult for a 1 year old. Alas, I didn’t get what I imagined in my mind, but at least we got SOMETHING to work with. Hoorah!

Father’s Day turned out to be super fun. We had my Dad and his wife and kids over for a YUMMY breakfast, and then good family friends over that night for yet another delectable meal. I think I gained 10 lbs yesterday, but heck – it was WORTH it. You just can’t say no to homemade meals. You just can’t. Ya know what I mean? I know you do.

I love my Shayner and I am grateful to have him in my life. He loves Kelly and I so much, we couldn’t ask for a better Daddy! :)


I will post a picture of 'the craft' as soon as Blog Spot stopd being lame and lets me... 


0 comments: