I was sitting here tonight thinking about my little Kelly, and had an over whelming feeling of just gratefulness. I love my son more than words can say, and I adore him and his sweet spirit to no end. I wanted to make a list of things I love about him, because kids change so quickly, and I don't ever want to forget this stage in his life.
- I love how he walks bull-legged because of his diaper
- He finds it amusing to turn the television on and off over and over again
- He fed himself with a fork for the first time today, and he was so proud of himself, as were we.
- Everyday, all day long, we hear him say, 'Off!'. He has discovered that turning lights on and off is just the funnest thing ever
- He doesn't have much of a vocabulary, but we know he understands us. He says mom, off, and uh oh. When we tell him to say, 'Daddy', he gets a huge smile om his face, and says, 'Mom!'. He is a tease.
- I am grateful that he likes to read. He has quite a few books, and he brings them to you, and turns the pages you as read. Although, you have to read fast because he starts to turn the page before your finished.
- When you tell him to give big boy kisses, he puckers his lips and kisses you, or he puts his cheek to your lips.
- When you cough he runs to you and gives you BIG hugs
- If any music is on, he bobs his head to the beat, and bounces up and down. When he is standing, he will wave his arms up and down to the beat. He loves to dance! That is how he got his nickname, Boogy.
- My favorite thing is on the weekends when he wakes up. I bring him into the bedroom and when he sees Shayne in the bed asleep, he gets his massive smile on his face, and then starts poking Shayne to wake him up to play.
- He loves daddy. He wrestles with him, and picks on Shayne just as much as Shayne picks on him. He snuggles with Shayne a lot.
- He tries to play with Allie, and share with her. We have to remind him that his little boy toys and food can't be shared with the puppy. He tries anyway.
- Chocolate milk is his FAVORITE
- He refers to Goldfish as 'ish', and tells you when he wants some 'ish'
- When he is in the living room, and I run upstairs real quick to grab something, he walks to the bottom of the stairs and yells, 'Mom?' - and then patiently waits for me to come back down.
- Loves hide and seek. He will hide behind, under, or around something just to hear you say, "Wheeere's Kelly?'
- Waves buh-bye with a floppy little wrist, and free flying hand
- When you tell him he can't have something, he walks over and hands you the object he is holding
- LOVES LOVES LOVES to throw things in the garbage can, and then push the garbage can around
- He enjoys putting things into buckets, cups, cans, etc...
- He is a kid of routine. When his routine is thrown off, YOU know.
- Every night he has to sleep on his soft blue blanket, and then he has to be covered with his fuzzy purple car blanket, with the corner up on his cheek so he can snuggle it and rub it on his cheek.
- When he wakes up in the morning, or from his nap, he throws his 2 blankets on the floor, along with his monkey and elephant. But when he goes back down, all items must be back in his crib.
- He loves to 'help' you load and unload the dishwasher.
- He loves our cell phones and the lap top. It's a button/light thing ;P
- Hates car rides
I know this Blog was long, but it didn't even touch all the things I love about my son. He is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Our lives would be empty without our little man. He is our world, and there is nothing we wouldn't do for him. He fills our lives with joy, laughter, and happiness. How can you want more children, when you have a perfect angel in your life? And how does it get any better? How do you protect your sweetie pie from the dangers in this world?
We look forward to the future, and sit back and enjoy the present. We will continue laughing with our son, making messes with him, teaching, and loving him.

1 comments:
Yes! I know exactly how you feel. :) I love that you're enjoying your baby. They only stay little for such a short time!
Post a Comment