Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25, 2010 - 1 years old!

I can't believe my baby is 1 years old. Shayne and I sat and reminisced about how this exact day went, one year ago. We love our little Kelly SO much.

We had quite a fun day! Well... all of it was awesome except between 11:15 am to 12:00 pm. Kelly went in for his 12 month well child check and got 4 shots and a blood draw.

The day started out with Shayne and I waking up Kelly to, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'. Then we watched Kelly as he swam around in the tub. After Kelly got all pruney, Shayne took us all out for a birthday breakfast full of scrambled eggs, hot chocolate smothered with whip cream, and pancakes. A little boys DREAM!
We tried to butter him up for the doctor appointment that was coming. It didn't work.

We felt SO bad we made our little guy get tortured  shots, we made the quick decision that the aquarium was next on the birthday agenda. Have you ever been there? If not, I think you should put it on your 'to do' list. It's a neat little joint!





Of course we did the traditional presents and cake. Kelly didn't really know what we were up to. Shayne was trying to help him rip open the presents, and Kelly kept trying to put the wrapping paper back together.  He LOVES his new toys. He was getting so bored with his new ones. Good thing his birthday came soon.
You will have to excuse his wild hair. He just woke up from a nap ;)





We had to move the last present to the floor. It was too big exciting to open siting in his high chair


He loves this elephant. It shoots balls up in the air from it's trunk.


Now this is my favorite part. The cake. At first he just tasted the frosting. Then stared at it some more. Then dug right in! It was so fun to watch him!


This is him staring at the candle (look at his little bandage from the blood draw :( Breaks my heart)


"Hmm.. this colorful thing tastes good....."



" I'm done, Mommy."

We ended the day playing with his new toys. It was a fun first birthday. He still has no clue WHAT a birthday is, but I think he still had a fun day with Mommy and Daddy. We sure do love him. His family/friend birthday party is this weekend. Hopefully I will remember to pull out the camera and share the fun from that. Until then... here is one more picture that I love. Yes, I am one of those Mom's that thinks every picture of my butter ball is adorable.






3 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday cute little guy. What a great birthday. That ball popper is awesome. It will be used for years to come. Every child I know LOVES that toy...including my 3 year old. He never gets bored of it. Great choice!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Looks like an awesome day (minus the doctors)!

Jami West said...

He is ADORABLE!! I cannot believe one year has come and gone! It's crazy how time flies when you have kids. Happy Birthday to sweet little Kelly!