Sunday, September 19, 2010

34 weeks..feeling 39..40 even

34 WEEKS Pictures, Images and Photos
You know what I find unbelievable? Looking at the picture above, and wondering HOW a little human can fit inside a womb, and the mom’s organs can still function. It is crazy to think about!

Here we are starting week 34. Last night I had a break down (poor Shayne). I was so massively swollen it hurt so bad, and I just snapped. I am uncomfortable, I hurt, I can’t sleep, I cant breathe, I am swollen everywhere up the ying yang, and the horrific weight gain doesn’t help as I can barely fit into my MATERNITY clothes anymore. All of that mixed together I just snapped and cried my eyes out.

We are still measuring large. The doctor’s office wanted me to go in Thursday to get checked out because of some dubious pains I was having. Result? My stomach is still measuring exceptionally large, and my cervix is thinner then they would like. But all in all, we are okay.

We go in tomorrow to see what my doctor says. I know we will get an ultra sound sometime next week as well to see HOW big he actually is. I look like I am full term, but I still have a month and one week to go. I get asked all the time if I am due anyday.... or is THAT baby here YET? No no... still have a ways to go folks.

We will keep you posted. I am praying he is large enough that they can take him sooner then Halloween. They can give me a shot that will develop his lungs quick so if they do need to take him early, he wont be in NICU. So with anticipation, we will have more answers tomorrow. If not tomorrow… by the first week of October we will.

4 comments:

Missy Mauch said...

Oh, girl! I feel so bad for you. I totally understand how you feel, though! I'm opposite now. I look at my stomach and wonder if he really IS 38 weeks along. I'm feeling and looking small, but my dr says I measure perfect! Who knows! I'm going in again tomorrow(Monday).

Nicole said...

Sorry Erin! It's hard to think positive at times like these, but trust me, it's all worth it. When you hold your sweet baby in your arms, you will forget about ALL the pains pregnancy brings. Hang in there sweetie. Take long baths, rest as much as possible, and cherish the moments with Shayne. This really is a special time for the two of you, one that you won't ever experience again! Love you.

Nicole Marsh said...

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain!! I know how you feel, I was huge prego with Nathan and I got that question everyday. It is so hard. I hope that you are able to go early with yours and that your baby is healthy and strong.

EA said...

Sorry to hear that you hit your breaking point. I've had one or two of those, but I think that it's healthy to release some of that stress and hormones and just cry.
Poor girl. I'm only starting to really get uncomfortable, but the end is close so I can see why you are frustrated.
Let us know what the results say and try not to listen to what some people say - they're just ignorant. I think you still look cute!