Tuesday, July 13, 2010

24 weeks and a changed due date

24 weeks Pictures, Images and Photos
Kelly Dalton,
All I can say is: WOW! Look at you go little man! We had another doctor visit yesterday and you are bigger then average. Our doctor changed your due date to Halloween! Halloween is splendid because it is Grandpa Hiatt’s birthday, AND it’s Mama’s preferred holiday AND time of year. I knew you had us in mind with this above average thing ;) pumpkin vine line Pictures, Images and Photos
But you need to be a little nicer little one, because your making it hard for Mama. All this swelling is going to put me on bed rest if we are not careful. 15 pounds of swelling in one month is not fine. So, let’s listen to the doctor and do our best to be hale and hearty, or else you will come before your done baking. We don’t want that. We need you to be done baking before you come live with us.

Vegas was fun! Tremendously HOT! But we got through it. We found out you don’t like bumpy rides, and you love sugar. Ha! You even moved enough for Daddy to feel. We will have to post pictures from our trip once Mama can find a computer to plug the camera into. We had fun with Uncle Bryant and Aunt Susie.

This is another big week for you! Just take a look at the checklist for this week:

1) ears: done

2) fingernails: done

3) testicles: taking their 3-4 day trip from the abdominal wall to the scrotum. Don’t worry… this wont be an embarrassing subject when your older. ;P

and 4) lungs walls: secreting “surfactant”. What’s that? Well, surfactant is sort of what it sounds like: a surface-activated fat whose main purpose is to assist the your little lungs during inflation (as in, filling with air, not getting more expensive). By the end of this week, you will be weighing close to 3 lbs and 14 inches long (because your above average). And we know you will be a little more plump, but you aren’t anywhere near your full baby-fatted cute-self. Most of the “filling out” is coming up in that long awaited (and slightly dreaded) third trimester. Woo-hoo! Get ready!
We love you!
Mom and Dad
24 WEEKS Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am sorry that you are so swollen. I wish I knew how to make it go away. Let me know how the tests go...I am thinking about ya!

EA said...

That's no fun to be swollen! Bummer! Our little guy was measuring a little big for a few weeks, but has evened out so we didn't have to change the due date.
Hopefully you don't have to go on bed rest. It's no fun. I'll cross my fingers for ya!

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

ah yes! I remember my feet being so swollen they looked like Christmas hams! haha! It only happened when I was prego with my son though and not my dauther...weird! It goes right away when they get here :) Wishing you the best!!