
Now that I am home and have a moment to bring you all up to date, I shall do just that. I haven’t been feeling too hot lately. The madness started Monday..
Monday I was feeling very sick. I rarely call in sick, but Monday I felt so sick I just couldn’t go.
Tuesday I was still sick, but I figured it was something I was doing wrong. So I worked all day, and then I walked 3 miles, and attempted to eat with no luck.
Wednesday is when it all came down. I went to work again still not a hundred percent, but thinking again it was something I was doing wrong. So I had an all fruit smoothie thinking that would be easier if I just sipped that. Oh boy was I wrong. I started to throw up violently every hour all morning. I was very weak, shaky, had a terrible head ache, dry mouth, and the throwing up was annoying, and my lower abdomen was in a lot of pain.
Finally this cute gal at work set up an appointment for me to see one of the doctors at the clinic I was at.
The doctor came in heard my symptoms and got to work quickly. After my urine test she said, #1 – I am severely dehydrated, and if they don’t pump fluids in to me soon it could lead to me going into labor (Yikes!!), #2 – My stomach was hard, which was NOT good, #3- I had all the symptoms showing I had a possible appendicitis, and gall bladder problems, #4 – I had a fever and low blood pressure. She wrote me a note and told me to get to the emergency room ASAP. When I grabbed for my truck keys to go, she looked at me and said, “Nuh uh girl, YOU CANNOT drive yourself!”
About 30 minutes later I was in the car with my Dad driving to the University Hospital. It was really embarrassing. When they stuck the needle in me, I ALMOST passed out. Then I started puking straight stomach acid like mad person. After that though, life was okay! Ha! It took 2 bags of fluids to get me where I needed to be, and can I just say after they pumped the medicine into me for the nausea and vomiting, I was one happy camper!
Then my favorite part happened. We got to do an ultra sound to make sure baby was okay. What a CUTE little stink I have renting out my uterus, I will tell you what! The baby measured at 18 weeks, which is further, then what we thought! I found that exciting news. It put a big smile on my face. The baby waved at us, and was just putting on a fun show! The baby was so fun, that an hour after the ultra sound, the ultra sound tech came in and asked if the students in the ER could do another ultra sound. That was the best part out of the whole experience.
About 5 hours later after arrival we found out I have a U.T.I as well. So the game plan was, get me medicine to heal the U.T.I, and give me some crackers. If I threw up the crackers, I was being admitted. If the crackers stayed down, I could go home.
Needless to say, I was admitted into the hospital. Being in the hospital isn’t that bad once you look past the pain and sickness you feel. The nurses and doctors are very kind. It is hard to rest though because they come in your room every 2 hours for vitals. But what they hey, that is their job!
The next morning, the real test came. I had to keep down food to go home. I kept down some honeydew! They brought in TONS of food, but from experience I knew fruit tasted better coming up so I only did the fruit. Well that fruit did a good job because it stayed in my body.
After 4 bags of fluids, 4 shots of medicine, and a lot of prescriptions written out, I was discharged. I am instructed to rest for a few days, and my blood pressure is still very low, so I need to take it easy for that reason as well.
The scary news is, if I start throwing up again I have to go back… and I threw up my meal last night. I haven’t tried to eat today because I am scared to. So we’ll see.
But all in all, the baby is okay. That is all that matters to me. I would rather have my body fail and go through hell, then have the baby be in danger. I have been very frightened, and I don’t know the last time I have felt so fragile. But I know this is all for my baby, so I am okay with it knowing that.
So that is my novel for the YEAR so far. I will keep you updated if anything else happens. Thank you.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Hospital Trip (A Blog Novel)
Posted by The Hiatt's at 9:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad you and the baby are okay. Isn't it crazy what we as mothers put ourselves and our bodies through to have children. It is all worth it though! I can't wait for you guys to find out what you are having!
Oh my gosh, Erin! I'm so sorry you've been having to go through all that. I am SO glad to hear that your baby is okay though! I hope things get better soon! Good luck!
Glad you're both okay! Hope you feel better very soon! Love you!
Erin, I am sorry you had to go through that! As I was reading your story, I thought, wow...this sounds just like Kohen a few weeks ago (except in adult form!). Scary! I am glad that you are feeling better, and that all is well with the baby!
Post a Comment