
I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way... I am thankful I am sick because it means the baby is okay.
But honestly... this "morning sickness" is getting old. I am sick at night, and it stays too close for comfort until the wee hours of the morning.
The only thing I can eat or drink that doesn't make me violently ill is cheese or milk. Which I surreptitiously adore. But I need more nutrition.
I have tried the B6 (which worked for a few days), and Unisom. Those don't do the trick anymore.
What are some foods that you guys could eat that didn't make you ill? I know every body and pregnancy are different... but I am getting desperate. I miss enjoying food.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Morning/Pregnancy Sick
Posted by The Hiatt's at 6:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sweetie, you won't be enjoying food until the first trimester is over... at least. Your sense of smell and your taste buds are altered and things just aren't appetizing anymore. Things will change in the second trimester hopefully. Try fake mashed potatoes and toast. Don't worry about nutrition the first trimester. Just stay hydrated with gatorade or propell and eat what you can and take prenatals.
I am sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I actually just got over the whole morning sickness when I had the little one. Hope thats not the case for you. But what worked for me was anything ginger. Gingersnaps, ginger altoids. I also tried perrier water, which works great. Hope you get feeling better. Its all worth it in the end.
Dry toast. Dry bagels. Basically a dry carbohydrate. It helped me to take prenatals at night when I was going to sleep, they made me a bit sick and it was easier to sleep through it.
Milk made me so sick! I couldn't drink it at all! I ate a lot of crackers, graham crackers, soda crackers, ritz crackers...you get the point. I also could eat rice! Good luck!
Hey, Try B Complex, not just B6. Just a suggestion.. But when I was pregnant, I ate A LOT of ice cream, and drank protein shakes a lot. Mostly that is all I remember eating.
I had morning sickness day and night with both of my kids...it's rough so I know how you feel. My doc suggested anything with protein. I ate grilled chicken with EVERYTHING my first trimester and for some reason it really worked for me. I also worked at a job where I was on phones and sitting at a computer all day and when you feel nauseous it's the worst so I actually went to the pharmacy and got me some sea bands (for sea sickness) and they really helped for the time I was at work. It will get better soon, hang in there!
What always helped with me is salt! Try potato chips or french fries. That helped with my second girl.
Every pregnancy is different. You will crave what you need. As long as you are eating something (even if it doesn't stay) and your doctor says you are okay, you're doing fine.
I gave myself a B6 shot in my leg througout pregnancy. That helped a little better than the B6 pill. I have to go on Zofran and that helps for a few hours. Maybe try gatorade..and I already told you lemonheads. :) Good luck with that. So excited for you!! (Oh...and DON'T drink liquids during meals or 30 min before or after...that's a huge help)
I couldn't eat bread or peanuts! They would always make me throw up. You just have to try a bunch of different foods, and see what your body likes. Also, don't over do it on one food either, cause you may never like it again after pregnancy if you do. My mom could only eat twinkies and malt shakes with me... ( maybe that's why I have such a sweet tooth) So, do what your body will allow. Your body has a reserve of nutrients, and your baby will get them!!
P.S, make sure your taking your prenatal pills too. Those will help your baby if you feel your not eating enough
BTW, I can't read any of your blog unless I highlight the whole thing You may want to change the color of your text
Post a Comment