Friday, October 23, 2009

Learning the Ropes

It is wild to think that we have been in Loveland a full week. I thought I would be melancholy by now, but to be frank, I am doing rather well. I am starting to know my way around a little more, which is helping.

I did have ONE job interview which was the easiest interview I have ever experienced. It was with an Employment Agency. I went in Tuesday to the office in Fort Collins. I was in high spirits! Mom and Grandma (who is in town this week for a visit) dropped me off after our little lunch date. I was in and out of there in literally 5 minutes. The gal looked me up and down, told me about another job that she thought I was great for, sent off my resume to the company, and thanked me for coming in. I was oober puzzled! Either I did really BAD or I did really GOOD. When I asked her out of curiosity why that speedy, she said my resume was what they have been looking for, and she asked me to come in to make sure I looked proper. I am still waiting for a call for another interview with the company she sent my resume (fingers crossed!)

I have been helping Mom and Dad with the Pet Crematorium. Believe or not, I have fun (No, I am not a psycho who enjoys seeing deceased things). Some of the animals are in PIECES (The smell is poorer than the hacked up body), some just look like they are asleep. It is tragic because some come in with enormous cancer spots outside their bodies.

From time to time you see crying people, or you hear the most unpleasant stories. One gentleman had his dog sent to the crematorium because he accidently ran his dog over. His driveway was vertical and frozen. The dog ran in back of the car and the gentleman ran him over. It gets worse! The guy had to run over his dog 3 times before he could get him out from under his vehicle because the vehicle kept sliding on the ice!! He was torn up. It was heartbreaking.


I have helped Mom catch up on her filing (which really wasn’t that much.. but I was still more than happy to help her out).
Well that is all I have to report at this time. I am praying that I get a job soon. But all is well! I like Colorado. It is gorgeous!
Miss you all!

4 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

That is good you are adjusting well!! I wouldn't be able to handle those stories at the crematorium. Oh my gosh...so sad! I just couldn't do it. Good luck with the job hunt! I'm sure you'll find something soon.

Emily and Russell Petty said...

Erin! I am glad to hear you are doing well! I hope you get a job soon, let me know!

Brett and Rachel said...

We hope you get the job!!!

Roger and Sherry said...

We miss you too. Keep us posted on those job interviews.