
It hurts to look at the screen, as I have dilated pupils, but I had a fascinating day that I want to share!
Today I had my evaluation for lasik eye surgery. It was a 4 hour process that leaves you blind, but it is so worth it!
I found out today that I have large pupils (not dilated) and thick corneas. I went ahead and added that to my awkward compliments list (I will give details on that one another day). I was told today that I am hardly able to drive legally, that is how bad my eyes have got. Yikes!
After they did all these funky tests on a hodgepodge of machines with lights of every color, they dilated my eyes and relaxed the doo da thing that helps your eyes focus. So bright lights kill and everything I see is that much more blurry as my eyes can’t focus at all until 8:00 tonight. I even tried to get into a strangers car today thinking it was our car. HA!
But I meet the criteria for the surgery and I get it through the University August 6th! So good bye 4 eyes and hello old Erin!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Goodbye 4 eye'd Ern!
Posted by The Hiatt's at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is great!!! Congrats on being able to get it! That would be so nice...I had that evaluation done. It sucked! I hate having my eyes dilated...anyway, I did not meet all the criteria...so I couldn't have it done, so I went through all that for nothing! Anyway...good luck on the surgery (even though it's still far away) that is very exciting!!
that explains all of the running in to walls and such lol
I am SO SO jealous!! That is so awesome! Good luck with that...my mom did it and it was a cinch!!
You'll have to let me know how it goes! I really want it done!
Post a Comment