Saturday, January 10, 2009

The gift of the Holy Ghost

Tonight was astounding. Shayne baptized my little sister Keri Lee. Keri has had the missionaries coming to my Mother’s to teach her, and she finally got to the destination that she has been working for. We were delighted when she asked Shayne to baptize her. This was Shayne’s first baptism, so he was a little anxious, but very blessed. Tonight as the missionaries spoke, I found myself thinking about how amazing the Gospel is, and how appreciative I am to know the certainty, and to have received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am thankful that I was sealed in the temple to a wonderful man who holds his priesthood dear to his heart, and I know that families are eternal. I am joyful that we got to share this night with Keri, and my family and friends.

Shayne and Keri with the missionaries



Us and the missionaries


some of the family



Us


My mother Wendy and I


The lovely program

3 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

Erin, that's wonderful news!! Keri is cute, and I bet it was a very special day for everyone! :) I love baptisms, the spirit is always so strong.

Mary-Anne said...

That is so neat that Shayne was able to baptize her! It looks like you all had a very special day!

Brian and Ashley said...

That is so neat! What an awesome expirence!