Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A weekend to love

I finally got a minute to update! Let’s be straightforward, I don’t have much to report…. But I am in the frame of mind to update dangit!
This last weekend was wonderful! Why you ask? I caught myself a divine cold, and I have been working some over time. AWESOME!

Shayne picked up an extra job working at Aramark. His hours are 4:00am to 5:00 pm (lately, which is fantastic because now he goes to bed at the same time I do!). So when the most sought and needed weekend arrived we were more then pleased to welcome it. Saturday morning we got breakfast with my sister, brother in law, and my niece. Then we went home and got in our baggy, cozy clothes and lounged on the couch. It was raining all day Saturday so being in warm clothes and snuggling with my honey is just what the doctor ordered! Later Shayne went to priesthood and I went to dinner with my sister. When Shayne got home from priesthood meeting he was so joyful to see me! I appreciated it. We just talked and enjoyed each others company. I love him so much. I hold onto every little minute we get together.

Sunday morning Shayne made a MASSIVE breakfast. He made pancakes, sausage, hash browns, bacon, and…. Croissants. It was way yummy.
And to top that off, Conference was just miraculous! Do you ever feel like one or two talks were distinctively written for you? I enjoyed President Monsons talk about finding the joy in the journey--Seriously, I felt like he was staring right at me saying, “Sister Hiatt, you need to pay attention to me and you need to listen to me at this moment.”
So that was our wonderful, relaxing, spiritual weekend. We devoured every minute.
We hope all is well with everyone! Love you all!

2 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

It sounds like you had a fun conference weekend! I loved that talk by Pres Monson as well. I felt the same way that you did when I heard it.

Allisha said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm sorry to say that President Monson wrote that talk for me. Sorry. :) Miss you.