
Today while I was at lunch I heard that my mother in law had been in hit by a tornado! Yup, in Colorado outside of Denver. Shayne and I were scared because Shayne's mother could not get a hold of his Dad and the tornado was in his path.
She finally got a hold of Shayne's Dad and told him about the tornado and told him to get into the basement. So they are BOTH safe.
I talked to my Mother in law, and it hit when she was at a clients building. Her and her business partner were in the back by the kennels when it hit. She said the whole building came down. She saw the roof get torn off.
Her car is completely destroyed. She said it looks like a bomb went off.
Another tornado is supposed to hit so she is in a storm cellar right now.
My heart sank when we did not hear from my father in law.
It just reminds me that I need to be thankful for who I have in my life.
I am so THANKFUL they are both safe.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Tornado warning!
Posted by The Hiatt's at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my heck! My mother in law lives in Colorado and so John is calling her to make sure she's ok! That is so scary.
That is scary and Colorado of all places!! Do they get tornados very often?
wow that is so scary and so random. I am glad that they all were safe!!! Guess they can hit anywhere huh?
I am glad to hear that the family is ok! Who ever would have thought CO would be hit? CRAZY!
Post a Comment