My Dad's wife loves enjoys all sorts of spices. And boy does she have quite the variety!
She started the paleo diet to help kill her daily migraines (which has worked). What is the paleo diet you ask? Paleo is short for paleolithic which means of the Stone Age. Cavemen and women were considered hunter gatherers, and the bulk of their diet consisted of animals and wild plants. Existing before the dawn of agriculture, they didn't eat any processed grains or dairy. They certainly didn't know about Twix bars, bagels, innocent smoothies, Diet Coke, low fat yogurts or Special K. Imagine you were on a desert island, with a club and a stick, with not a grocery store in sight, what would you eat? Nuts, berries, green leaves, fish, meat and birds. That is paelo. One of the most commonly used phrases to describe the diet is 'If it doesn't fly, swim, walk or isn't green, then don't eat it." You can find all sorts of recipes. I like these recipes.
Anyway, I am not trying to sell you on the paleo diet (Even though Shayner & I want to jump on board once we are able to). I wanted to share this new found love I have with this website called My Spice Sage. OH. MY. GOSH. You can buy any spice you can possibly imagine for a fraction of the price you pay in the store. Want to know what else? They offer free shipping on every order no matter how much you spend. You also get a free sample (your choice) with every order. HELLO! I am obsessed. Truly. You HAVE to check it out. They have oils, sugars, sauces and marinades, teas, curry & Indian spices, gourmet sea salts, all sorts of vanilla, flours, ground spices, whole spices - I could go on and on and on! I just bought some Italian seasoning (Ingredients: Marjoram, Sage, Basil, Thymeand Oregano) and garlic bread seasoning (Ingredients: Garlic Powder Pure, Paprika, Onion, Dill, Oregano, Thyme, Basil and Red Pepper). And yes, free shipping yo'!
Since my Dad's wife (She has a name. It is Laura. Ha!) started the paleo diet and bought a ton of spices from My Spice Sage, I helped her combine all her current spices into spice jars, and organize all of her new spices. With the paleo diet you can use stuff like coconut flour, almond flour, and all these unique spices - so naturally, she stocked up.
![]() |
| These were just the spices she had laying around. Good thing we combined them and got organized. Holy smokes! |

0 comments:
Post a Comment