Okay, so you will think this post is silly.
When Kelly was born we bought this full body coat that looks like a bear. It was warm and soft and perfect! It kind of became famous in our family. Both of my kids wore it and loved it. I miss how we would go out in public and get weird looks because it looked like we were carrying around a stuffed animal instead of our cute baby.
When Kelly was a newborn, I took him to go see Tangled with my in-laws and my nieces. I had him in a baby carrier. His face was against my chest so everyone just saw the back side of the bear coat. It looked like I was carrying around a little bear cub stuffed animal. It was awesome!
Skylar LIVED in this coat for the first 2 months of her life. She was a happy camper in this dang bear coat. If she got fussy, we would put her in it and BAM! She was content. She would only sleep at night if she was in the bear coat.
Time went on, and naturally, my kids grew out of the bear coat one by one. My older sister is expecting twins in November so we gave her all of our baby items we no longer need. Including the beloved bear coat. It makes me teary eye'd to think we don't have it anymore and that we don't even need it anymore. Some things we just love and are attached to. I thought my kids were attached to this bear coat, but looks like I had an attachment as well. Ha ha! Go figure.
I had to post about it so I can remember it always.
 |
| Kelly in the bear coat. Just a week old. |
 |
| Skylar in the bear coat. Just a week old. |
.jpg) |
| Happy in the bear coat. |
 |
| She would just chill in the bear coat all the time. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment