Friday, November 22, 2013

I enjoy Thanksgiving

It is crazy to think that our daughter is now averaging about 2 ½ - 3 pounds and an estimate of 15.7 inches long. I have been trying to consume enough calcium since 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into her skeleton each day this trimester. I find I am more hungry lately and I have now entered the slob stage where I can’t get through one meal without spilling on myself.

We are heading to Colorado this year for Thanksgiving. We are excited to spend time with some of Shayne’s family. Shayne’s sister is even doing maternity pictures for us. She is amazing and so talented.  I didn’t do maternity photos with Kelly and I was really shy about doing them this time around, but this is our last baby so I figured I need to stop being so self-conscience and just relish it.

I love Thanksgiving. I adore the customary lip-smacking foods (turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, egg nog, canned cranberry, stuffing, corn, pies, rolls, etc…) and I love the Thanksgiving spirit spent with family. It breaks my heart every year that this is a holiday that is always rushed. The second Halloween is over people rush to Christmas. It’s like Thanksgiving is in the way like a problem child. This year people put up their Christmas trees the day after Halloween and the Christmas music and shopping sales began. WHOA!  It jumps earlier and earlier every year. Why can’t people enjoy the month of November celebrating and looking forward to Thanksgiving? I have fun putting up my Thanksgiving decorations and planning family time and food. I do enjoy Christmas and the Christmas spirit, but I personally want to celebrate that holiday after Thanksgiving has had its time. I don’t understand the need to celebrate Christmas for 2 months.


I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving holiday and enjoys the delightful food prepared, and savor the precious time with your friends and loved ones. 



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving food is the best!! I can't wait to see your maternity photos!! :D