Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring


I feel like I never Blog enough, but then I went through some old posts and felt better. I think it is great to have an online journal about our family. Over time you forget the little things that happen along the journey, so it’s entertaining to look back and reminisce.

This is what is happening in our life currently:


Shayne:   I swear this man loves to have his plate full. He is not one to sit and not have a million things going on. 

He is running our dealership. Business is dawdling but good. He is looking into getting a business loan so we can get a car lot. Shayne loves to help people but in this business we need a car lot so people can SEE the kind of cars and deals we can offer them (Duh!).  He has already helped a lot of people get wonderful vehicles at astonishing prices, and we look forward to helping many more.
Shayne also reopened his window washing business, Clean N’ Clear. He has been trying to ramp up that business again. He makes windows sparkle and enjoys the business.
Come this winter Shayne will have his associates and moving toward his bachelors in Business Administration. I am so proud of him. He will have his degree through Westminster College, and their business program is rare and sufficient.  He only has a few more years left. He has wanted a degree for years and is finally working hard toward his dream.
Shayne is still working swing shifts at American Express but can’t go as often as he would like. After our car accident last fall Shayne has had more back problems. We found out that Shayne has vertebrae that never separated as he grew, so it’s fused together and wearing down his spine.  He is in pain most of the day but continues to go to physical therapy and is trying to eat healthier and get more fit in general. He bought a trailer that he can hook up to his bicycle and takes Kelly for bike rides.
With all of that on his plate he takes care of Kelly all day long while I am at work.  He is the best daddy and Kelly loves him to pieces.  How amazing is this guy?


Me: Man, I feel very inadequate after posting everything Shayne does. Ha!  I switched to the Inpatient NOVA Team for the University of Utah.  I ran the Radiology NOVA Team for 2 years, so this change is invigorating. After I get off work I come home and spend time with Kelly and Shayne. I feel bad because I am just dog-tired by the time I get home, but I do the best I can. I love my little family so much.
I also teach CTR 5 on Sunday. That is always a treat.  
Right now my current goal is to lose weight and be healthy. Weight has always been a relentless battle for me. It is not in my genes to be a petite person, so every day is a fight.  I can have dramatic change within weeks. I will be down 10 lbs one week (Literally. Not joking), and then the next few weeks I am up 15 lbs. And that is without any change in diet. Isn’t that bonkers? All in all I am thankful for my health.  It is good to have a goal, yes?


Kelly:  What a demanding little man!  Boogie is 2 ½ years old, and lets us know that daily. He has entered the beginning of the independent stage. He is almost out of a size 6 shoe, and fits in 2T and some 3T clothes. He has a little gray stuffed dog that he named Allie, and takes that and his blue blankey with him everywhere.  He is observant and wants to do things on his own, and is curious how things work.  He enjoys taking things apart, and putting them back together again. He has a creative mind and is always up to something. Anything he sees Daddy do, he wants to do it too. He would spend all day outside if we let him. Lately we have been taking him to the park and he thinks the slides are the coolest thing ever. He loves to play with other kids, and is still a people watcher.  He is talking more and more. He does not talk in sentences yet, but his vocabulary has quadrupled since his birthday in October. We always hear him talking and laughing at himself in his bed.  He gives us lots of hugs and kisses, and makes us laugh on a daily basis.  We can’t put into words how much we love, Kelly. He is our everything and we can’t believe how blessed we are that we are his parents. 

Future plans:  We need to potty train Kelly this year, and that panics me. I don’t know how to potty train a boy! Ha! Any advice is much appreciated.  We also need to upgrade Kelly to a ‘big boy bed’.  I am thinking we will get a twin mattress and put that on the floor until he adjusts. 

We are going to Vegas at the end of June with our friends Jenna & Matt. We cannot wait! A vacation is much needed. Exclamation point! 

There has been talk about Baby #2 – but we will see what the Lord has in mind for us. 



3 comments:

Nicole said...

Keep the updates coming. I love reading about your lives! "Potty Wise" is the best. It's a short book, part of the "Wise" series (baby wise, etc.), I swear by these books. Kohen was potty trained in 3 days, Kash was potty trained in 1 1/2 days. They were SO easy...and you always hear that boys are harder...not so! Good luck with baby #2. I will be checking back for more updates;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nicole! I went and bought Potty Wise off Amazon. I appreciate the suggestion!

Erin Hiatt

Sara said...

Wow! You guys have a lot going on. Miss you! and if it matters at all I think baby #2 would be an awesome idea :)