Monday, February 25, 2013

Mom and Boog weekend

This weekend Kelly and I had much needed Mommy and Boog time. Shayne went to Colorado for the weekend to pick up a car, so it was just Kelly, Allie and I.


It was full of cleaning, laundry, baths, giggles, dog training, nuzzles & kisses, a few errands, nonstop watching of  Disney’s Cars, body slamming mom, juicing, meals & snacks, and toddler babble.

We also got pop in visits from Whitney and Gus (Allie’s best friend -the fun loving pit-bull), Derek, Monique, and Natasha. Natasha and I were actually very spoiled and got a in- home massage in my living room. Mama was in heaven!

Some favorites this weekend: Kelly helped me start the laundry. When he hit the start button on the washer, we watched the laundry start to spin through the door, and Kelly started to laugh and spin in circles as well.

When Kelly wanted his bum changed, he would say,"Diaper", lay his blanket on the couch, then he climbed on the couch and laid in the ‘diaper changing position’.

Usually when we go to the store Kelly has to help push the cart, or wants me to hold him. Saturday he walked right by the cart and stayed close. This NEVER happens! My baby is growing into a little boy quick and quicker. Bitter sweet for a mama’s heart. 

It was a lovely weekend, but we sure missed Shayne. We were so happy to have him home safely. I think Shayne even missed us too. Life is better when we are a family, I will ya that much. 

More Kelly- talk:

Yogurt – ‘sheet’ (don’t ask me why. I am confused too)
Cereal – ‘cer-all’
Gus – ‘Guck’
Diaper -  ‘Di-per’
Banana – ‘Nana’
Cookie – ‘oo-kie’
Granola – ‘na-la-la’
Salsa – ‘All-sa’

This one is older and I forgot to post it:
Please – ‘ease’. OR I ask him, “How do you ask?” and he says, “ask”

For the last few weeks Kelly will give you kisses on the lips, and then put his hand on your cheek, turn your head, and kiss your cheek. Melts our hearts!


I love this shirt on him

Watching Cars with a little butt cheek hangin' out




0 comments: