Monday, January 28, 2013

Worst Mom EVER


Ever have a moment where you act out of frustration & annoyance and then instantaneously regret your actions? It really sucks.

Yesterday I broke my sons heart.

In the morning while I was trying to move the furniture back into the living room (it lived in the kitchen for a brief time while we had the carpets cleaned), did the dishes, and then juiced our breakfast drink, Kelly kept leaving his toy vacuum in the kitchen right under my feet. After tripping on it a million times, I told him to stop leaving it in the kitchen – like he would comprehend and comply with my frustration. Uh huh – yeah I know.

Later that night while Shayne and I were preparing dinner for our friends, I tripped over his vacuum in the kitchen again. So out of my frustration, I picked it up and tossed it in the living room and told him again that he needs to stop leaving the dang thing in the kitchen. As the vacuum landed, the end piece breaks off. Kelly looks at me with a gigantic frown and starts to cry a little. I didn’t think the piece was actually broken so I told him it’s okay, and that he needs to stop leaving it in the kitchen.

When I was done helping Shayne, I walked over to put the vacuum back together. I soon realized the piece was non fixable. Kelly looked at me and frowned again. When I realized that I did in fact break his most beloved toy in the whole world, my heart just shattered and I felt like the worst mother in the world. What mother breaks her toddlers favorite toy? So I went upstairs and cried more than my 2 year old did.

We were able to buy another one online, double the price then what we originally bought it for, but that is the price you pay for acting on a ridiculous aggravated act.

Lesson learned. I don’t think I will be winning a mother of the year award anytime soon.


1 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Ha ha...oh, Erin. You're NOT the worst mother! Trust me...there are so, so, so many out there worse than you. Just the fact that you felt so bad about this means that you are a great mother. Seriously!