Dear Dreema,
Hello! I just wanted to let you know that Shayne and I are going to be expecting our first child. It is pretty recent news. Before we got pregnant we always discussed not mentioning it to anyone until we were at least 3 months along…. But we didn’t know the reality of it would be so exciting! We kind of slipped and told everyone rather quickly.
The doctor office told me that we will be due in October, but the due date can change. As you know, fall is my most beloved season so the thought of a fall baby thrills me. My Mom tells me I am going to be miserable being pregnant over the summer. She recommended that I keep a water bottle on me at all times because I am going to be super hot.
I was at my Study appointment today and they said everything looks good. I get to go have an ultra sound with them the first week of March. Needless to say, March can’t be here soon enough.
I am very anxious. Almost six years ago, I lost a baby when I was about 5 months pregnant. The baby actually stopped growing but my body thought it was still pregnant so the sack kept growing even though the baby wasn’t. But my life is much better now. Shayne is an amazing husband and we are happy. I am healthy now and not in a bad place in my life.
My friend Lish told me a story that sticks with me. One night she was telling her little boy a bedtime story about when she and her husband were in heaven, they were walking around picking their future children. When they came to this Earth they forgot about their children, but the second they saw them they remembered them. I hope that in heaven Shayne and I picked boys, and that we get to see our first one in the fall. ;)
A lot of changes are about it happen. I am nervous and excited. You know how impatient I am. I can’t wait to have my belly grow, to find out the sex, and to hold this little one in my arms. It has been a dream of mine to be a Mother here on Earth.
I will keep you posted. We still have A LOT more appointments to come and this little alien-squid looking fetus has a lot of growing to do. Until then, I will enjoy “baking” our little bun. Will you keep a good eye on our baby… and tell the man upstairs to let us keep this one?
I love and miss you,
Erin
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Spoke too soon about changes..
Posted by The Hiatt's at 10:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
ERIN! I am thrilled for you. Seriously, I can't stop thinking about you. Motherhood is the best and you will be SUCH a good little mommy. Fall really is the best time to have a baby. I LOVED having Kohen in September. It wasn't bad at all being pregnant in the summer. Just make sure to drink lots of water (which you should be doing anyway), and stay indoors when it's extremely hot. Also, swimming is a WONDERFUL workout for pregnant women and will feel so great in the heat of the summer. It's easy on your joints and keeps you healthy too! I am sorry to hear about the miscarriage in your past, I had no idea. I think this one will be a keeper because you and Shayne deserve to welcome a little angel to this world. Just be kind to your body, and rest at every chance possible. Take advantage of "baking" this bun in your oven, it's such a special time and it goes by SO quickly. Anyway, I could go on forever about my excitement for you. Let me know if you have any questions, I would LOVE to help out in anyway possible. Congrats again!
CONGRATS to both of you!! That is such exciting news! As for being pregnant...the first time wasn't so bad and that seems to be the norm. Your excitement will outweigh all the misery ;) I'm excited to see preggo pictures of you in a few months (or more since this is your first)!
CONGRATS!!!!! That is the sweetest post ever! I am seriously so happy for you and Shayne!!! The first pregnancy really is the best! Just enjoy it and spend lots of time talking to your tummy :) Something I love that I did, I kept a pregnancy journal that I wrote in at least every week and kept doctors office visits recorded in there too. And I loved comparing my journal notes to my second pregnancy. Anyway, you are going to be such an amazing Mama!!
Congratulations you two! That is great news!
Congratulations Erin!!!! :) That is so exciting! I would agree with everyone; don't expect to be miserable because then you will be! It's definitely not comfortable all the time but it's very easily ignored when you remember what a miracle it is to be pregnant & how amazing it is. :) Good luck with everything! I hope it all goes well this time around.
I am seriously SO excited for you!!!! Woohoo!
Congrats! How exciting! You guys will make wonderful parents. Hope you are feeling well.
Congrats!! That is so exciting for you. Being pregnant in the summer is not fun but it is so worth it and fall babies are fun!
I'm so excited for you guys! You're going to be such great parents. :)
I won't comment on the joys of pregnancy, but I'm sure most people enjoy it more than I do. :P It's all worth it in the end, though.
Thank you everyone! We are excited. I didn't mean to sound like we are going to miserable (if I did). We are very blessed and happy. Thank you for your comments!
I loved being pregnant in the summer. In fact, I prefer it. Cute summer dresses will keep you cool. I'll keep my eye out, you can always find cute ones on sale.
Can't wait until you get to see this baby. When he/she comes you will not remember what life was like before. It will be like he/she has always been with you. It's WONDERFUL.
I won't say pregnancy was easy either, but stay positive, and you'll be glad that you searched for optimism throughout this exciting time.
Congratulations. You'll be great parents.
CONGRATS!!! I was wondering when this was going to happen! So happy for you!! CONGRATS! come visit me in xray!
Post a Comment