
Tonight my Father in law and I gave blood. Have you ever done that before? Yeah, it is an unusual experience that is for sure! I had been sick all week with ruthless tummy pain and high fevers so I was a little edgy that they wouldn’t let me give some blood.
We get there, went through the custom questionnaire. They took my temperature and almost didn’t let me give blood because I was almost too warm. But I made it safe by ONE degree! Woo!
After that they got us on the bed and start us up. They clean your arm with iodine, which makes it sting badly when they insert the bloodcurdling gigantic needle (Me, scared of needles? Psh, never…). I just clenched my teeth together and tried to center on breathing because the last thing I wanted to do was pass out in front of everyone in the church gym. Yeah, that wouldn’t be awkward at all!
I thought I was doing pretty dang good. I was half way over and I hadn’t passed out yet. AWESOME! It took my body 11 minutes to fill a pint, and 5 tubes of blood. The nurse cleaned me up, wrapped up my arm, and I stood up to walk over to my Father in law by the snack table.
All of sudden like a ton of bricks, my stomach got enormously seasick, and the room started to whirl. Right away I kept saying, “Erin, start breathing. Breathe deep.” I look at my Father in law and said, “I don’t feel good….” He hurried and sat me down. I looked at him and his head was swaying back and forth. I thought, “Oh great! Here I go! Lights dimming…. Stomach nauseous… going to hurl…” I look down at the paper they gave me and I somehow made out that it said I need to lie down and put my legs up. My poor Father in Law has me put my head between my knees has he goes to grab some help. I look up and there is this nice nurse gal telling me to get on the ground. I feel her and my Father in law help me down to the floor, and cover me with ice packs. My body is sweating and the room is spinning and I see white spots everywhere. “Wow, this is nice. Can everyone see me? Good grief Erin!” Is all I could think.
Soon enough I felt a million times better! We finally left.
Now here is the funny thing… I am CURED! My tummy is not in pain anymore!!! Ha! I gave blood and now I am healed! Thank heavens!
SO whenever you’re ill, go offer blood. It is a miracle worker I’ll tell ya what! Just get passed the stinging needle, and the road to passing out, and you my friend shall be cured! 
Friday, April 17, 2009
I aM CuReD! Tis tRuE!
Posted by The Hiatt's at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bwahahahahaha! Yes, this is me still laughing at you! Loves!!
You're braver than me - just reading about you giving blood started to make the room spin for me.
Post a Comment