Thursday, March 26, 2009

the last 25 years....


I was cleaning our home in unfathomable thought tonight. I am going to be 25 years old on Sunday. I find this strange. I always looked up to my older sister, and thought she was so much older than I. Then I think about how old I am and how I looked up to her when she was my age. I am not getting any younger!
It is fanatical seeing a transformation in me. I now have wrinkles under my eyes, and it is harder to drop weight. I need to be in bed by 9:30 or I don’t function the next morning. It is a miracle if I can stay up all night, or even find something to do all night for that matter. I am no longer a flirt, or carry on when I am with friends. Okay I still enjoy a good time with my friends, but even my friends have changed.
Looking back in the 25 years I have been living, I apprehend that I have been through a lot of things that have molded me into who I am in the present day.


Some times I miss certain times in my past, because I liked how much oomph I had, and how dynamic I was. I was constantly out doing something with someone. There was seldom a monotonous moment in my life.
I miss the days when my Dad and I were best friends. We would hang out all the time. When he got home at night he would come and find me and we would just chuckle and share stories from our day. He would often tell me struggles in his life and I would share mine. I miss spending a lot of time with my Dad.
I am glad that my dating days are over! I learned a lot from dating. I would have never treasured my husband as much as I do if it weren’t for the guys I dated in the past!
I have seen a roller coaster of maturity levels in me. From ages 12-21 I was up and down. Between being obese and losing over 30 pounds, modeling in Las Vegas and Lake Havasu, my autograph signing, singing at the Mayan, Gateway Mall and weddings, dancing, acting on television and doing radio commercials, moving out on my own to down town Salt Lake at 18, being engaged twice, parties, jobs, friends, my sister in rehab, being pregnant and losing my baby, heartbreaks, coming back to the church, going to the temple and being married…. I have matured a lot! It was a long rocky road, but I am glad for who I am today.
I look forward to the rest of my life. I know what I want to work on, and I know what I want to get rid of. So here is to the next 50+ years!

3 comments:

The Gentry Family said...

That made me want to cry! Isn't it weird to get old??? Thanks for sharing!! :)

Adam and Brynn said...

Yay! Happy Birthday soon! :) I enjoyed reading this post. You are great!! I miss talkin' to ya.

Nicole said...

Hey Erin! Yay, I'm glad you have a blog and that I found it. Happy upcoming birthday!