Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Spider Eggs do NOT belong IN humans

This is probably thee most repulsive thing that has ever happened to me!
A few days ago I woke up with a painful spot on my inner thigh. It was no customary sore. It kept getting bigger and bigger, and more inflamed, and it hurt REALLY badly. Finally it hurt so badly that it hurt to walk and sit down. I explained to my nurse what it looked like and the symptoms. Teasingly she said it sounded like a spider nibble, or worse a spider laid eggs in my thigh. She laughed, but I knew something was up with this sore. Another nurse told me I needed to put heat on it and work out whatever was in my leg.
Later that night I put warmth on my leg, grabbed some tweezers and went to work. I hope you all have a strong stomach!!! I started to squeeze out the “gunk”… and low and behold… IT WAS EGGS!!! It was sooo NASTY!!!!
Note to everyone…. Don’t ever sleep naked! A spider will come along and think that your leg looks like a grand place for her brood!






10 comments:

sTaCiE said...

Holy cow Erin!! I am so sorry that sucks so bad!! That is so scary!!! I'm so scared of spiders!!! It looks like it kills!You should get your house sprayed!!!

sTaCiE said...

I miss you!! Merry Christmas Eve!!

The Gray Fam said...

Im sorry hun!! You should go get that looked at just to be safe. A lady I work with got a spider bite over a year ago and it still has scabs over it and still wont heal. You just want to make sure it doesn't get to that point.. SCARY!!!

esianoyam3 said...

I think I'm going to die now. Eek!!

I agree - if it doesn't get better really quickly, you should go get it looked at. It's not like you're surrounded by doctors all day or anything. :P

P.S. Tell Katie I miss her, too. :) And you can give her my blog addy if you're bored.

us said...

Um FREAKY!! That the freakiest thing ever. yelp! Sooo glad you dug it out.

Brian and Ashley said...

EEEW lol that is so nasty!! I am glad that you survived

Jami West said...

I do not have the stomach for this!! I am so sorry Erin! But good to know you sleep naked =) Funny girl!! You're a better wife than me.

Allisha said...

You are crazy! I cannot believe that happened to you. That's horrible. I hope it gets better.

Sara said...

OH! ERIN! I am so sorry- did you go get it checked out? OH, I don't even know what to say...that is so terrible.

Emily and Russell Petty said...

That is so disgusting! I don't know what I would do!! Ahh