Holy smokes! I have had an eventful weekend before, but this last one totally takes the chubby kid AND the cake! Here is the run down.
Friday night I got off work, ran to the store to purchase all the food and equipment for Shayne’s surprise party (which I will tell you about in a minute. Hang on…), take it to my Dad’s house, run back home, get ready, and then rapidity get to dinner with our brother and sister in law and their friends. Dinner was enjoyable and not to mention rather scrumptious! After dinner we all piled into the truck and drove up to the airport to pick up Shayne’s parents. By the time we got back home with his parents, it was 12:30ish.
Saturday was BONKERS! We all had to be at the Timpanogos Temple AT 8:30 am for our Cousin Ashley’s endowment session. Now, if you knew how small our bathroom was, and picture 4 adults trying to shower and be out the door by 8:00… yikes. But, being the tremendous, well prepared people we are, we made it out the door with no cat fights or beatings. The morning was breath taking, and the session was amazing and sacred.
After the endowment session we needed to go to the store to get our sister in law, Susie, a gift for her birthday party at 1:00. We grabbed some gifts, some lunch, and then off we went to Susie’s birthday party. We hung out at Susie’s party for a few hours, and then bailed because I needed to get a pair of keys to my Dad for Shayne’s party, and Shayne’s mom needed to buy Shayne a birthday present. My mother in law dropped off Shayne’s Dad and Shayne at our place, and we headed off to finish our last minute tasks. I got the keys, dropped them off to Dad, and then we went and got Shayne some presents.
Now here is the part I need to explain.. So some backing up is necessary. Shayne and I celebrated his birthday in Vegas last year. I couldn’t just stand around and watch him have a lame birthday this year, when last year was a riot! Psh, I am Erin Hiatt! I could not, not do anything fun! The brainstorming began in September. I decided I was going to throw my honey a surprise party! I called my Dad and asked if we could use his place. Next, I needed to let everyone know so they could have enough notice so they would all be there. I didn’t have all of their numbers, so it took some effort to get all their numbers without letting Shayne know. I finally got them all invited. It was on.
We all know parties cannot run smoothly… that would be too painless! I got some curve balls. Five days before the party, I did a head count and realized MORE people were coming that I had considered. My Dad’s house would not accommodate over 25 people. AHHH! I made some calls, and I was lucky to book out my churches gym and kitchen. PHEW! And I was able to order one more meat tray from the deli at the last minute. NOW we were good to go! My Dad told me he would go to the church at 6:00pm and set up the food and tables. Everyone else was to arrive at 6:30.
Saturday night. 6:30pm. I was trying to think of how I was going to get Shayne to the church. He thought we were all going to my Dad’s for a small family dinner. I cautiously told him that I needed something from the church for my Young Woman’s lesson the next morning. Needless to say, we all got to the church about 7:00, the lights were out in the gym, we opened the door, the lights flicked on, and everyone yelled SURPRISE!!! Shayne had no CLUE it was waiting for him. It rocked. He had a good time.
It doesn’t end there. Sunday morning we all needed to be in Herriman for our cousin Markie’s mission home coming. As soon as that was over, I had a Young Woman’s lesson to teach at 11:00 am. We drove back to the church, I taught the lesson. Next, we went home changed, grabbed my parents in law luggage and took it to my uncle’s house where the home coming party was. After the home coming party we had to go to my Dad’s house for dinner. After dinner we took my parents in law to the air port. THEN WE HAD TIME TO RELAX! By this time it was 7:00. Phew!! What a WEEKEND! It’s not every weekend you get two birthday parties, a nice dinner, a temple session, a mission home coming talk and party, dinner at 2 different houses, a Young Woman lesson, and visit the air port twice! We had a wonderful weekend. It was so good to have the family together. We were privileged to have Bryant (Shayne’s older brother), Susie (Bryant’s wife) and their twin boys here from Arizona, and Shayne’s parents out from Colorado. We loved spending time with all of them.
Here are some pictures from the party. I didn’t take too many. But here are a few! 







Tuesday, November 11, 2008
and.....REST!!!
Posted by The Hiatt's at 5:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy Cow Erin!! That is crazy! I am glad that everything went down with out too many hick ups!
Now go get some rest!
CRAZY! And sounds fun too! :) I'm glad everything worked out for the party and that it rocked! ;) And I'm glad you got to rest a little after all that before you started a new week! Cute pictures too.
and I thought I had a busy weekend!lol Thanks for having us!
Post a Comment