
Here I am to report about my new job. So far, I feel that I will be able to perform my job well. The only problem is getting trained to do all my tasks. Let me back up.
It is a slow start. I was supposed to go to orientation before I started in the Clinic. My manager never got all my papers I mailed to her 2 weeks ago, so my employee account was never set up. So I am starting in the office first, and then I will go to orientation next week.
Orientation is important because it teaches you the computer system, you get your work badge to clock in and out every day, and you get your trax pass (wha hoo!!!). I am a little behind in that step, but I go to orientation next week and then I will be all caught up.
My manager means well, but I witness how unorganized she is and it makes me edgy. Before I even started she didn’t tell me my hours, where to go my first day, what to wear, etc… I had to learn all of this from my mother in law who used to work there.
Once I started, my manager tells me that she wants to train me one on one so I get properly trained. But then she is gone all day. The other gals try to show me things here and there to lend a hand, but then my manager shows up and gets offended that they are showing me things “the wrong way” and she tells me to overlook what they showed me, and then she shows me how to do it “the correct way” which is the same way the gals showed me. Ha ha!
But all in all the atmosphere is fast paced and nice. The 8 hours fly by which is pleasant. Once I get past the training period, I am confident I will do very well and I will take pleasure in my job. It is hard to be the trainee when I have been the trainer for awhile at Midwest. But I do not regret leaving Midwest.
I am excited for this new experience!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Training...
Posted by The Hiatt's at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You made it through your first day! Congrats! :) I HATE starting out a new job and not knowing anything and having to ask people questions every 5 minutes...but it always gets better pretty quickly. I am sure you are doing awesome!!
Are you goig through IDX and Allegra training? If so it will be nice that you had some clinic exposure to it before you going to training. It seems confusing at first but it isn't too bad once you start using it on your own. Good luck with the new job, I am sure that you will do awesome.
We all have rough first days, but it sounds like it's a good change for you. Oh, and can I borrow that trax pass???? -Jazz
Yay! I'm glad you have a nice change. It's always annoying starting new jobs, but as you know you get comfortable before you know it! :) Good Luck! I miss talking to you everyday on facebook!
Post a Comment